Welcome to the Blanchester High School Library Media Center
Make yourself comfortable and take a look around at all the library love. Pages are listed to the left. Let us know what you think of the website and what we can add to it.
Directions to print
For anyone who wants to print log on to Google. Follow the directions to add the HS HP Library printer. Once added it should show up in printer selection and should stay linked to the account.
Here's a quick link to INFOHIO our resource for free databases. Remember if you are using from home you will need the username and password provided in the library. (Legally we can not post.) Also remember to consult the INFOhio Citation Guide and Purdue's Online Writing Lab guides.
LIBRARY GOOD TO KNOW!
Please sign in to the library upon arrival to verify you were here and help with our statistics.
Books are checked out to you for 2 weeks at a time. You can return or renew anytime. If you keep them past their due date .10 cents a day is charged to your account. Unless someone is on hold for the book, you can renew as many times as necessary.
Student Resource Area is to the right as you enter the library: calendar, paper clips, stapler, tape, markers, etc.
HERE'S WHAT'S NEW IN BOOK LAND!
Kwame Alexander has a new book, Rebound, ordered!
Mafi continues the Shatter Me series with 3 more books! Next is set for 2018 titled Restore Me.
Patrick Rothfuss- "Showtime is developing a television series based on the Kingkiller Chronicle book series... being produced by Lionsgate, with Lin-Manuel Miranda executive producing and John Rogers (Leverage, The Player) as showrunner, Deadline reported."
What's Coming Up?
- MOVIE ALPHIN'S COUNTERFEIT SON* WE HAVE THE BOOK
- TV ATWOOD'S MADDADDAM* WE HAVE THE BOOK
- MOVIE AUEL'S THE CLAN OF THE CAVE BEAR- LIFETIME MOVIE* WE HAVE THE BOOK
- SERIES BLACKMAN'S NAUGHTS AND CROSSES* WE HAVE THE BOOK
- MOVIE CANFIELD'S CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL* WE HAVE THE BOOK
- MOVIE CHRISTIE'S WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION
From Shelfawareness- "As the BBC begins working on its TV adaptation of Agatha Christie's "The Witness for the Prosecution," Ben Affleck is planning to direct and star in a film version of the mystery author's classic short story for Fox, Indiewire reported. Affleck will also produce alongside Matt Damon, Jennifer Todd and the Agatha Christie estate. Christopher Keyser (Party of Five) will write the script."
- BOOK BY GILLIAN FLYNN, AUTHOR OF GONE GIRL, PENNING A YA NOVEL
- MOVIE GREEN'S LET IT SNOW* WE HAVE THE BOOk
- MOVIE GREEN'S LOOKING FOR ALASKA* WE HAVE THE BOOK
- MOVIE HANDLER'S WHY WE BROKE UP STARRING HAILEY STEINFELD* WE HAVE THE BOOK
- SERIES HEINLEIN'S STRANGER
"Observing that the Syfy channel "has made a habit of adapting science fiction and fantasy literature both established (Childhood's End, Hyperion) and contemporary (The Expanse, The Magicians)," io9 reported that the network plans to adapt Robert Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land. The 1961 novel "influenced the counterculture and won a Hugo en route to becoming a classic. No further details on the proposed TV series were announced, but we'll be keeping an eye on this one."
- MOVIE LARSON'S THE DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY* WE HAVE THE BOOK
- MOVIE MORGENSTERN'S THE NIGHT CIRCUS* WE HAVE THE BOOK
- MOVIE NESS'S CHAOS WALKING* WE HAVE THE BOOK
- MOVIE NIVEN'S ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES.
- TELEVISION MOVIE ADAPTION PATCHETT'S BEL CANTO* WE HAVE THE BOOK
- MOVIE QUICK'S FORGIVE ME LEONARD PEACOCK* WE HAVE THE BOOK
Picked up by Channing Tatum to direct.
- MOVIE REEKLES'S THE KISSING BOOTH ON NETFLIX
- MOVIE ROTH'S ASCENDANT
- MOVIE ROWELL'S ELEANOR AND PARK* WE HAVE THE BOOK
- MOVIE SEPETYS' BETWEEN SHADES OF GRAY/ ASHES IN THE SNOW
- MOVIE TAHIR'S EMBER IN THE ASHES* WE HAVE THE BOOK
- MINISERIES WELLS'S THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU* WE HAVE THE BOOK
- MOVIE YOON'S EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING
TAKE ONE LEAVE ONE CART
We are blessed to have a former student working in the book business and to have a parent who is in the book business.
Advanced Readers Copies (ARCs) and Uncorrected Proofs (UPs) are available for preview from Leah Burden (Book Farm Representative), Brittany Gabbard (Blanchester alumnus who works for Joseph Beth Booksellers), and from several book companies. Authors and book publishers just ask that you leave a review on Amazon and pass the ARC or UP on to another reader.
Anytime I come across articles online that support reading, writing, libraries and librarians I like to share them with you here, via our Facebook page, Pinterest page, and/or Twitter feed. After awhile they are then moved to Link Love- Online Article page. Enjoy!
August DipTip: The Ins and Outs of Interviewing. Franklin and Marshall College. 1.8.2018.
While your application, essays and recommendations give the school a pretty good idea about who you are as a student and a person, they are no substitute for a face-to-face meeting where you can talk about your interests and goals. General guidelines: be on time, dress appropriately, ask questions, find out about the school and its programs, be prepared to talk about yourself, and relax.